For this class, we were expected to prepare a flow chart and present it in front of the class for discussion and feedback.
Our faculty said that we had made a good effort but we were given a lot of suggestions by ma’am and the class in order to rethink and improve our presentation and research. I realised that as a group we had to understand health and well being separately since they are different; get more data; understand why UN chose this to be one of the goals; comparative study between families and friends on related parameters like food and exercise.
REFLECTION: Not only did I learn from my own presentation but also by observing other presentations. The waste management presentation made me think if vermi- compost pits are really considered as a major source of decomposition; The responsible consumption and production presentation made me understand that the reason why it is responsible computation and production and not vice-versa is because if we don’t consume incorrectly, there won’t be any unnecessary production. The affordable and clean energy presentation taught me that using LED lights over CFL actually makes a big difference and if we can switch then why neglect and ignore?
As our assignment we had to prepare a questionnaire related to our topic of 10 questions and conducting a survey in our locality, covering the three zones- commercial, residential and mixed. The aim of this exercise is to understand how our locality contributes, addresses, tackles and ignores good health and well being.
We prepared a list of 12 questions and presented in front of our faculty. We were asked to change a few questions and pay attention to the kind of answers we are looking for and putting them as the MCQ options-
- What activities do you perform in your daily life that helps you maintain your health?
- What activities help you deal with problems and emotions in an effective way?
- How does your diet affect your health?
- Do you volunteer in any community services or open mics?
- Would you consider going for therapy if you experience any symptoms of a mental illness or physical disorder?
- Do you keep up with your regular physical and mental check ups?
- How do you prefer communicating or socialising with your peers or close ones?
- How often do you talk about your feelings and insecurities to you close ones?
- How do you promote a healthy lifestyle in you locality?
- How would you rate your well being and heath on a scale of 1-10?