We covered a lot of options, tools and effects of illustrator in this class. It was a little challenging for me because I take some time to grasp new topics but when I practised later, I felt at ease.
In this class we were mainly introduced to the feather effect, symbols, and the clipping mask option, in detail.
- CLIP MASK: allows us to insert text or objects in other shapes or images. First we made a shape and then we placed another object on top of it, we could change the shapes in order to place it in front or behind using the ‘arrange’ option in the object menu and then we had to direct select both the objects, right click and choose the clip mask option.
- FEATHER EFFECT; this effect gives smooth edges to an object and enhances the look. First we had to select an object-go to effect menu- stylise-feather option.
- ROTATE TOOL: we were taught how to rotate shapes using the rotate tool and add different colours to it using the drop colour box. The tab key along with option key is the shortcut key to do so.
Further, we learnt different symbols and their uses-
- Symbol Spread: Spreads symbols across the artboard creating a background.
- Symbol Shifter: Shifts symbols.
- Symbol Scruncher: Gathers or scatters symbols instantly.
- Symbol Sizer: Increases/Decreases size of the symbol.
- Symbol Spinner: Rotates the symbol.
- Symbol Stainer: Selected symbols gets a pinch of the selected colour.
- Symbol Screener: Changes opacity of the symbol.
- Symbol Styler: Applies graphics to symbols